1/5/09

My Vision Board



Today I made a vision board. It's my first one ever and I did it on my 2009 weight loss and exercise goals. Vision boards are pretty much a representation of what you want to happen in your life over the designated period, and it is done usually through pictures and quotes. For example, if I was interested in purchasing my dream home, I would put a picture on my vision board of what my dream home looked like and then it would appear in my life. The idea is to find pictures that have a lot of meaning to you and then to look at your board each day and really meditate on those things happening to you. It can also be used as a reminder of what you need to do to make those things happen.

On my vision board I started out with the quote, "I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time a patience." I chose that quote mostly because the last time that I tried losing weight I lost 42lbs, but it seemed to come off so slow to me, and I gave up. Imagine where I would be if I didn't give up! Which leads me to the next quote by Robert Schuller, "A year from now you may wish you had started today". I'm sure that rings true for a lot of people in a lot of areas of their life, and it definitely does for me. Looking at that quote every day will remind me that I want to do this NOW so that in a year from now I can look back and be proud of what I accomplished. The last quote that I chose states, "Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down". This one is important for me because I found that many times I am in denial about what I have eaten. For example, I may eat something horrible for me and I will either block it from my mind like it never happened, or I will look for all of the positives in the food and ignore the negatives, "French fries are healthy, they are made from potatoes!"

The pictures on my board include: people running, which is something I have always wanted to do, people doing step aerobics, which I used to do and would like to get back into, and of a woman doing yoga, I love yoga. I have a big "Curves" logo because I love to exercise with other people and I read a lot about Curves and found it interesting. When we move to Connecticut we will be only 1.79 miles from a Curves and I am planning on joining. There are a few barriers to jump over before I can, so I made sure to add that in hopes that it will help me reach that goal.

I also have a picture of a hiking trail because I would love to go on an extended hike with my family this year. Maybe a few days or weeks. I also have a home garden picture on the vision board because I would love to be able to grow a garden when we move to Connecticut in the Spring. There are a few pictures of beautifully fresh fruits and vegetables so that I can manifest abundant fresh produce into my life.

The last picture I have is a woman measuring her waistline. I want to have a much smaller waistline by the end of 2009!

I did my board on my computer and printed it out two times. I put on near my computer and the other on the bed stand beside my bed, that way it will be the first thing I see in the morning. I also made it my screen saver and desktop picture. This way, I will never forget! I am going to see if I can get my daughter to make one for herself tomorrow, and maybe even Rory will make one.

If anyone else has a vision board or plans to make one, I would love to see it! Sharing my board with other people helps me to make these things real to me.

4 comments:

  1. Your vision board ROCKS! I will be sure to make one and post it for you soon.

    Love n Light,
    Tawni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made vision boards before, but never thought of doing one on the computer. What a fab idea! Did you have to use a special program?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Earthmother! I have a very basic computer, so I just used Paint, but it worked perfectly. I love it because I can easily edit it and print as many as I want. There is also a great wesite you can do it on. http://www.scrapblog.com/builder/ My daughter did hers on this and had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vision Map Video for Abundance and More

    I want to introduce you to a program that I am producing: VISION MAP VIDEOS. You can use these for your personal use; to attract traffic to your website; to assist your clients and/or customers; retreat memories. Please take time to review the following information and let me know if I can produce your fun and catchy vision video.

    To view a video go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lssD2YFjVcY

    I HAVE JUST FINISHED THE VISION MAP VIDEO FOR 2009

    To view the video go to: http://www.spiritedboutique.com/?p=251

    They are 2-3 minutes long with royalty free music and pictures, you can use these for business or personal enjoyment; get creative---they fit in all the areas of your life or business. The videos are upload ready for YouTube, and then can be added to your website. Fantastic advertising for any business, service or group. Guaranteed to increase website traffic, it will be something that your clients/customers will want to see over and over again, and who knows maybe even tell others about, hence more traffic to your website.

    NEED SOME IDEAS?…..
    · Inspirational
    · Processing Grief
    · Loss of Weight
    · Loss of a Relationship
    · Attract Wealth
    · Create Abundant Health
    · Manifest Money
    · New Business Clients
    · Retreat Event Video

    For your personalized VISION MAP VIDEO just contact Darlene Siddons at 760-726-8390 or info@spiritedboutique.com
    www.spiritedboutique.com

    Get your video today at the great starting price of $25.00 each, at this price you can get several. Don't forget to watch a sample video on the link above, ENJOY

    www.spiritedboutique.com

    Namaste,
    Darlene Siddons

    ReplyDelete