12/18/08

1 vacation lb down and resolutions

I've been trying hard to lose those 2 lbs that I gained on vacation, and so far I have lost one of them. This week I have been craving a lot of pears, so I have had about 4 or 5 a day. I am also eating a big salad each day and drinking a green smoothie. The hardest part is turning down Rory's dandy blend smoothie, it's the best in the world! But it is a nut based smoothie, so I am trying hard not to drink any. (He plans to post about that smoothie on his blog and on YouTube in the near future.) Hopefully the next pound will be just as easy, and I can concentrate on losing all of the others that I need to lose.

Have you thought of any resolutions for the new year? When I do think of one, I like to think of only one, otherwise it gets too complicated and I end up doing nothing. This year I have decided to concentrate on my own health, instead of the health of others. I keep telling friends and family all about the benefits of green smoothies and juices, nutrients of different fruits and veggies, etc. But rarely do I incorporate these things into my own diet as much as I tell others that they should. So this year, I am going to eat a much more healthy diet. This includes drinking more water, since Rory always tells me that I don't drink nearly as much as I should.

Off topic, one of my dearest, beautiful friends has a wonderful Etsy page full of gorgeous jewelry that is actually made from recycled materials. I just hope that you check it out because I know that she puts a lot of love and care into each piece, and they are all just so wonderful! Here is the link to her Etsy page: Recycled Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment