6/22/08

Why a blog?


This is the most recent pic of me that I could find. I hate getting my picture taken, but on this day I had no choice.


This is actually my first post...ever. After watching my husband lose so much weight and becoming so healthy, I decided to take action myself and become much more dedicated to the raw food lifestyle. I have been eating raw food for quite awhile, but never like my husband, Rory, has. He ONLY eats raw food, I ONLY eat it when I feel like it.

I didn't always look like this, it all started in college with the "up all night" junk food binges and continued afterwards because I became ADDICTED to unhealthy food. About this time 2 years ago, I decided that I was going to change my life. I have almost always been vegetarian, but that didn't always mean eating healthy. I ate a lot of cheeses and fast food. My husband became a raw foodist quite awhile ago, and I enjoy the foods he eats very much, but I never went 100%, probably not even 50%. So I decided I was going to try harder with a healthier diet and exercise, but it wasn't until now that I got the motivation.

So starting next week, on Sunday October 19 I will finally start working on what I wanted to start 2 years ago. I need a lot of motivation though, which is why I am doing this blog - for community support. I signed up for Rawfu but have not received any response from Bunny yet about joining for the holiday mini challenge, which runs from Nov. 15th-Dec. 24th. It's been about a week since I signed up, and she says she would get back within 24 hours, so I will give it another week and maybe try again.

I remember in high school a good friend of mine got an old vitamin bottle, took the label off and created her own beautiful label for it that read "WILLPOWER" and told me to "take some" when ever I needed it. Of course there was nothing in the bottle, but every time I looked at it, I had the strength I needed to succeed. Hopefully I can muster up some of that strength now.

No comments:

Post a Comment